Countdown to Graduation: 13 months

Well, it's May. Time for another post! I would love to post more and keep up with everyone better. I have two excuses: no time to write and nothing to write about, or at least nothing that seems exciting enough to write about. I plan to write about making my baby slings, as my good friend Katie suggested, someday. Or perhaps I can write about deciding whether to put Blaise in kindergarten or 4-k (we're leaning toward kindergarten). But for now, I'm just living from day to day, doing my best to enjoy the stage I'm at but anxious for the next stage. And I admit, I am not doing as well as I'd like to be in enjoying the stage I'm at. But... good things are in store in the not too distant future:

Andy agreed to let me start my new schedule of working 20 hours one month early. I'll be starting that schedule, working 3 days per week (two of the days being until 7:00 or 7:30 in the evening, however), on June 28! Less than two months away! In the meantime, I'm taking the whole week following Memorial Day off. I'm hoping this will help me to balance my responsibilities. I feel like I have too much on my plate at work and too much on my plate at home, and I can't cut back on my responsibilities as a mother, wife, and homemaker (nor do I want to - well, maybe the cleaning, laundry, etc), but I can cut back on my hours at work, and will. I will also have a 5 day weekend the weekend after the 4th of July. So we just have to make it through this month, until Memorial Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Lessons I've Learned: Part 7

Prozac Nation?