Refreshed!

My goal every night is to get to bed by 10:00. Since it is now 10:23, this will not be a long post. My one day off during the week, Wednesday, always fills up quickly, and I don't want to take any more time away from the boys by posting on my blog.

This last weekend was wonderful for us. Not only were we able to witness our wonderful friends' marriage, but Andy and I were able to get away for 4 days alone to enjoy our own beautiful marriage. This last semester has been a long one, and so time away was much needed for both of us.

We came home refreshed and with some great memories. But not only do I feel more appreciation for Andy, but I also feel more appreciation for the boys. A good friend and I were talking yesterday and both agreed that, as mothers, we at times need time away from the kids so that we can truly enjoy them and appreciate them more. If they are always vying for our attention, we don't have time or space to miss them and thus lose appreciation for them.

Today was a very enjoyable day. The boys were doing well, and I actually had energy to bring them to daily Mass, something I was hoping to do nearly every week when we moved over here. But usually as 8:30 comes up, the boys are whiny, not dressed, and I'm already exhausted. And Grandma (my mom) came over, which was wonderful for all three of us. Isaac also surprised me. He is 2 1/2 today. We have a car puzzle in which the wood cars are slightly different shapes and fit into particular places in the wood board (a basic kids' puzzle). But this one doesn't have any pictures under the slots for the cars. He would pick up one after another and, barely looking at the car, would point to the spot where it goes. He went 12 for 12 a few times in a row before losing interest! My mom and I both commented that we have to think harder about where the cars go than he seemed to have to!

It is now nearly 40 minutes past my bed time. I hope you all have a blessed night and wonderful, blessed day tomorrow!

Comments

Refreshment in any form is a blessing, whether it be through rest or sustenance, it is a real gift! Have a grand day! Cathy
Katie said…
This is a lovely post, as usual. How beautiful it is to see your kids blossom before your eyes, as you saw with Isaac. I hope the rest of your week continues to find you refreshed and joyful!

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?