Countdown to Graduation: 14 months

As of April 1, there are 14 months left until Andy's graduation! As spring approaches, the time left seems much more tolerable than ever before. Perhaps that's because longer days and warmth, and being outside, bring a feeling of hope. Perhaps it's because I know that next spring is when he will be graduating, and so I can feel us closing in on one more year. Perhaps it's because 14 months sounds like a much shorter time than 20 months. Or perhaps it's that I had given up complaining, especially about work and related tiredness, for Lent. Whatever the reason, I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously, this is all pending Andy finding a job. But I am hopeful that accounting jobs will be more prevalent than many other fields' jobs.

I also told my work that I will be cutting down to part time in August. I had been hoping to wait a little longer to tell them, but they were thinking of changing my schedule so that I can help out in another location, and so I felt I needed to be honest with them. I am waiting to hear whether they can allow me to cut back to 20 hours and whether I can cut one evening off my schedule as well so that I only work one evening a week rather than two. Again I am hopeful about this, but I will be grateful for any chance to slow down a little and also know that if I can't, it's not a lot longer until I can stay home nearly full-time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Lessons I've Learned on My Journey through Depression and Anxiety: Part 3