I Admit - I am an Alien

Think about it... we are all aliens! We are sent here, to be born of alien parents, and to accomplish a very special mission. When we have adequately accomplished our mission and have been rid of all earthly debris, we are brought home on a beam of light - back to our true home, our native home.

While we are called to live on this earth, we are not of this earth. Yet - I am as guilty as the next person - we amass stuff all around us - surrounding ourselves by all that is of this world. I suppose if I were sent to live on Mars, I may pick up a rock or two as souvenirs, or other things as the situation afforded. But I can't say I would hunker down and build a castle out of those rocks around myself, especially knowing that I would someday be leaving Mars.

I think the problem that arises is that it is difficult to recognize ourselves as aliens. We are surrounded by billions of others who take the same form we do. We have no memory or understanding of what our native land is like. And our human eyes will never see that beam of light that comes to take us home. We will likely live out an entire span of life, from birth to death at old age, here on this earth, and then will be buried in the earth. And while on earth, we live by earthly and human rules and norms, knowing we will face great consequences if we stray too far from those. And we become too comfortable here, forgetting what we are made for.

John 17:14-19:
"I gave them your word, and the world hated them,
because they do not belong to the world
any more than I belong to the world.
I do not ask that you take them out of the world
but that you keep them from the Evil One.
They do not belong to the world
any more than I belong to the world.
Consecrate them in the truth.
Your word is truth.
As you sent me into the world,
so I sent them into the world.
And I consecrate myself for them,
so that they also may be consecrated in truth.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?