When do you pray best?

Last night at our appreciation dinner for all the CCD teachers at church, our DRE said something I hear often: "We all pray when we're struggling with something. But when everything's going well, we tend not to pray."

That's not really true for me. Sure, I pray when things are not going well. But I no doubt pray better and more often when things are going well. Though I think I know why this is - my version of things not going well is my being too tired to think; when I'm too tired to think, I'm also too tired to pray. When I have energy and my thinking is clear, my struggles do not seem nearly so difficult, and I find myself praising God for lifting the cloud from me.

Does anyone else find it is easier to pray when things are going well than when they are not?

Comments

I think it's easier to say "thank you" when things are going well. It's hard to be grateful to God when times are tough. There are times for me when it's hard to pray whatever the circumstances...Like I'm having a dry spell. Great post!!! Thanks for your visit! Cathy

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?