3 years, 6 months, 26 days. That's how long it has been since I posted.

And I have to be honest, I wasn't sure if I would be back. I have been trying to write, though not here.

In this most recent season of life, two beautiful children - both girls - have been born into our family. I have, fatigued, sent the boys back to public school for a year and have then taken them back out to homeschool another year only to become fatigued again. It was a blessed and successful year, but I left that year wondering if I will ever homeschool again. That era of my life may be over, but, rather than being upset, I am grateful for the time having homeschooled and at peace with moving onto another chapter.

This time, rather than sending the kids back to public school, we are sending two of the middle children to a small Catholic school, and the oldest is home but taking online, live classes through another Catholic school. To delegate that portion of the responsibility of teaching my children to people I can trust to teach them our faith as well as information and skills they will need is, in my fatigued state, a great relief.

And so I enter into a period of life in which I am learning to just be with my three-year-old and baby, am having time to develop a good big-kid relationship with my just-turned-teen son, and am supporting and loving my two middle kids through their school experience. But, above all, I am striving to quiet my mind and tune in to God. That is not an easy task.

I am hoping also to pick writing up again. I feel God is saying, "Not yet," to the more serious writing that I would like to get back to. "Take some time to open your ears to Me and to just be first." My mind is, as of yet, too fatigued for the kind of work I want to take on anyway. But I hope to reestablish my blog and take it to a deeper level in the meantime. To anyone who has joined me in the past and to those who have just stumbled upon my blog, I would love for you to join me in this journey and to share your journey with me.

May God always bless you on your own journey,

Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?