My Hope

While I am not a writer or a theologian by training, I am a writer in that I love to write and rarely feel more alive than when I do write. And I am a theologian in that I love to study about God and to pray. I am one of those crazy people that learn the most through writing, especially when that writing is done in prayer and contemplation. And I feel that God has placed the desire to learn about Him and the desire to write on my heart. I hope that He will bless my efforts to praise Him through the use of the gifts He has given me and that He will help me to develop those gifts through their continued use so that I am able to give Him all the more glory.

I am also not a counselor or a psychologist, but I do have some first hand knowledge of depression and anxiety and have learned much about both through experience. I have learned that depression and anxiety can be seen as an opportunity to fall on the grace of God, to learn to trust Him, and to allow ourselves to be drawn closer to Him. As a person with chronic depression, I believe I have a special gift in knowing the need to surrender and rely on our Heavenly Father and the the hope and joy that can result from doing just that. As I continue to write and pray, I hope I can continue to learn to surrender to Him and trust Him always more. And I hope to share my experiences with others, especially those who may be going through a similar trial or who wish to grow further in faith.

Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?