My Story - Conclusion... or is it?

Our story is still being written. A year and a half later, our boys are 3 1/2 and 2 years old and keep us running. I am working for a wonderful company 4 days per week and enjoying one day per week and weekends home with my family. My husband has shown an interest in business and went back to school at a local university, working toward his Bachelor's degree. I have done some writing and have found I rarely feel more alive than with a paper and pen, in prayer. Writing in this blog is really the first time I have written for anyone besides myself, and I put this and all my writing in God's hands, that He may do with it as He pleases. I wish I could say everything is continuing to fall into place as easily as it did as God was directing our move. We, like all people, have our difficulties, and I still struggle with surrendering to God. But we have no doubt He is with us and directing us, and we have no doubt He has led us here for a reason.

Learning to fully trust in God is a lifelong endeavor; we have to make a conscious effort every day to give our lives, including all our joys and struggles, to God. It is far too easy to try to maintain a firm grasp on the illusion that we are in control of any aspect our own lives, but once we open our hands to completely let go of that control and to give it to God, we also open ourselves to receive His blessings. It is a chance that is well worth taking. I am finding that, ironically, we are truly free only when we fully give our own wills to God. The freedom and joy that come with trusting in a loving God far outweigh the false sense of freedom we may experience in acting on our own whims but then feeling empty when the results do not meet our expectations. When we give everything we have and everything we are to our Lord, He fills our hearts with His joy and pours His mercy and love upon us, and we are made richer than when we had started. In doing so, we do truly find great hope and joy in the simple, yet profound, prayer, “Thy Will be done.”

Please pray for me, and I will pray for you, as we continue our journeys with God.

Comments

Tracy said…
Hello, and I want to say what a lovely post!!
I have added you to my blog roll and hope you don't mind.

Peace be with you:)
Joyful Days said…
Looking forward to hearing more from you, Kim.

Blessings,

Julie
Kim said…
I am HONORED to be added to your blog roll, Tracy!

You are both welcome back ANYTIME!

Peace and blessings to you!

Kim
I've enjoyed reading about your journey! God bless!
Kim said…
Lisa,

Thank you for reading! God bless you also!
Kim

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?