Daybook 2/2/10

I'm going to try to put one of these together. I have learned quite a bit about some of my friends from reading their daybooks that I may not have learned otherwise.

Outside My Window ...

There is a new dusting of snow on the ground, covering the dirty snow and ice that has been lying there for a couple weeks.


I am listening to...
My husband flipping the page of his accounting textbook. He is so good about doing his reading and school work. I admire him. I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to carry a full load of classes while having a family as well as he does, and stay on the dean's list every semester.


To Live the Liturgy…
I've been reading a book that my parents gave me for Christmas: The Better Part by John Bartunek, LC. It runs through the four Gospels and gives very good reflections on each reading. I am on Luke 8 currently.


To be Fit and Happy….
Well, I have joined a 24-hour fitness center in town. I love it because it is literally a 2 minute drive from our house. I tend to go at 8 pm, after we've put the boys to bed. It works out well. I was planning to go tonight but had a very long day at work and was too tired. So instead I ate two bowls of ice cream while checking email and blogs.

I am thankful for ...

My family, of course. And good Catholic mom friends. I have so many good friends that are so supportive. I am blessed indeed.

From the kitchen ...
Whatever Andy cooks. He cooks about 95% of our meals here. He just picked up that responsibility right away when we were married and hasn't looked back since. I look forward to the time I can do more of the cooking but certainly will not complain that he takes that job from me! It's definitely more an adventure when I do cook than when Andy cooks, and not always in a good way!

I am wearing ...
A pair of loose sweatpants, my shirt from work, a fleece jacket, and a blanket wrapped around my shoulders. I don't like to stay in khaki pants longer than absolutely necessary in the evenings, but I didn't have the energy to change my shirt after work today.

I am creating ...
Baby slings! I'm really enjoying making baby slings for a couple of friends... and one for myself too to put away for the next baby. I think I'm going to have to look for sales on fabric and make several more for future gifts!

On my iPod...
What's an iPod?? Just kidding. I don't have one and do not plan on buying one... just my personal preference.


Towards a real education ...

Blaise is starting to initiate little projects, such as cutting snowflakes and punching holes in paper then threading a string through the holes and hanging some of those papers from his paper snowflakes I hung off the curtain rod. Isaac is working on numbers and counting.
I teach Theology of the Body at CCD, though I am slowing down on doing that and may take a break from it next year. Otherwise, I feel that my learning my faith is at a standstill recently.

Bringing beauty to my home ...
I've been hanging paper snowflakes from the curtain rod (which is curtain-less) and other projects from the boys' school and CCD on the walls.


I am reading ...

I have been reading fiction lately, though I don't currently have a book to read (any suggestions??). I have been enjoying a break from my reality by putting my nose in a book.

I am hoping and praying...
For a good transition to Andy's semester for the boys.

Around the house...
Too many things are left undone. Bathrooms need to be cleaned. Toys need to be picked up. Recently, I have less motivation than normal to get these things done.


One of my favorite things ...
Spending quiet time in front of the tabernacle at church... it's been too long since I've done that. This is a good reminder to myself to do that again... soon!


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...

Tomorrow is my day off... I'll run the boys around tomorrow to and from preschool and speech then to CCD in the afternoon. Work Thurs and Fri... then a RETREAT!!! We have a 24 hour retreat planned for us moms on Saturday! It will be a wonderful day. Please pray for all of us that God may touch us in the way He wishes.

Picture Thoughts...


I am amazed how big the boys are getting! This is Blaise at 16 months and Isaac at 1 month. Now they are 4 1/2 and 3. I am so grateful for the stage they are at now and the independence they are gaining. The baby stage is great... but it was tough with the two boys so close in age. And Blaise, my emotional child, is showing signs at times of learning to control his emotions and enjoying helping out and "making mom happy."

Comments

Katie said…
Kim! I had two bowls of ice cream last night, too!!!!

We'll have to talk about good fiction books. I know I have some recommendations - I just can't think of any of them right now! (The kids are being very whiny and Luke is choosing not to eat the food I gave him for breakfast so he is VERY unpleasant to be around right now!! Hence, I have escaped reality for a time by checking blogs and email!)

Love ya! See you Saturday!
Katie said…
P.S. I should probably think about doing a daybook entry, too. I enjoy reading them so much!
オテモヤン said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?