Hockey Pics, continued

The boys are in bed, so now I can concentrate just on folding laundry and writing my post, though my husband is also trying to hold a conversation with me about the old "whaz up?" Bud comercials. Don't worry, I'm not neglecting him. :)

Since I was at a pond HOCKEY tournament taking pictures of the team as the "official" photographer, I should probably include some action shots in my collage of pictures. In no particular order:



















Hopefully it wasn't too painfully obvious who my favorite subject is for my pictures. The number of pictures for each player was actually mostly even, though I think my husband's pictures overall turned out better than the others, and I don't believe I did that on purpose. Of course, I am a bit partial to pictures of my husband. I'll admit it. :)

Just a bit more history on his team, just in case anyone is wondering what RC stands for, etc. They came together as fans of a local college hockey team. They and others formed a fan base called the "Rowdy Crowd" (RC). Though they have passed their high-spirited cheers and traditions onto a younger student group, they maintain the name Rowdy Crowd for pond hockey purposes. The colors they wear (yellow and purple) are also from this hockey team, as are the beautiful socks they wear. They have been participating in this pond hockey tournament since its beginnings 4 years ago and have seen it grow from 40-some teams to 220.

I am looking forward to getting back to writing blogs of a more religious theme, though they often take some more time and thought. But hopefully you will see that again soon.

May you have a blessed Lent!
Kim

Comments

Anonymous said…
I enjoyed looking at the hockey pictures! You have great action shots and your camera really captures the vibrancy of the colors! :)
Joyful Days said…
Great photos!! My boys are in bed, finally too. Just a few minutes of blogging in the quiet.

Prayers for a lovely week.

Julie
Very god snap shots!!!! You're very talented with a camera! Good for you! Cathy
Kim said…
Thank you all. :) I wish I could say that was my own personal camera that took those pictures. It was my husband's friend's camera. Though he is hoping his wife will allow him to get a new camera. If she does, I told him to call me, and I would likely buy this one from him. I'm not holding my breath! But it is a wonderful camera! It sure was fun to play photographer again.
Tracy said…
wow, these pictures sure turned out great!!
Winging It said…
What fun! My youngest son has always been enamored of ice hockey. We live in Florida. And in a modest to small town. No ice hockey here (there is in some of the big cities).

great pics! :)
John A said…
Hey Kim - I'm on the Pinchery Lake Loons - the last team the Rowdy Crowd played at the 2009 Tourney... Anyway - I got a few pics of the RC team that you might be interested in. We were trying to get in touch with someone from the RC to see if they might want to meet up and play some hockey - we have friends in the Point area that we could hang with while we relive some hockey moments. Maybe not enough time yet this season, but maybe next... Here's my email... jaspenle@gmail.com Here's link to the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aspenleiter/sets/72157613882981505/ You'll see the RC pics towards the end. We had a blast playing the RC - probaly the most fun we had playing any team there. Great group of guys. - John

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?