Odds and Ends, Hockey pics

It's been a while since I've posted, mostly because I've been busy but not really with anything worthy of posting about. I am, however, discovering that I need to take more time for myself, in prayer or in quiet, to keep my sanity amidst the busy-ness of working and home life, taking care of others constantly in both places. I have a bit stressed and anxiety-filled for the last two weeks.

Though I have been busy, I do plan to continue my blog, posting and reading your blogs, as often as I am able. Please continue to check back.

As I wrote a couple weeks ago, I will post a few of the pictures I had taken at the pond hockey tournament my husband and his team participated in. Apparently, I took 2200 pictures. My husband's friend weeded them down to 615. Here are a couple of my more favorite ones (though I do not have the time to go through 615 pictures at the moment, before the 2 year old wakes up, and amidst folding laundry and keeping a 3 1/2 year old adequately satisfied):



The team, me, and the Stanley Cup. Alright, so I didn't take this one, but it's the only pic with all of us. The guys were definitely more excited about seeing and touching the Stanley Cup than I was. I suppose some hockey fans may be amazed by the fact I came soooo close to the Stanley Cup and did not lay a hand on it. Let me tell you, there was not even a temptation to touch it. Never really thought about it until just now. :)



Some of the rinks. I believe there were 16 rinks in all on the small lake in northern Wisconsin. There were around 220 teams of 6 players each, ranking from novice (my husband's team) to teams consisting of players who have playing on college level teams, as well as a couple women's divisions.



The guys are oh so proud of these socks. They are gotten from the college team they all follow... the team that brought them together. The current coach did not want to use them. He thought they were hideous. I wonder why?





















































The mustache was new this year as well. The brain child of my husband, I believe. They make quite the team, with the addition of "Coach," below:










My brother-in-law. He found the suit in his dad's closet. I think there are two others like this one hanging there.

I have to go... Blaise is attempting to swing from my arm as I am typing. :) I will finish this later.

By the way, an acknowledgment of Lent is in order. May all of you have a very blessed Lent and discover our Lord through special prayer and fasting this Lent. Through Barbara's post , I have finally settled on something I will be giving up for Lent. I am giving up complaining about my sufferings and difficulties. I will offer them to God and bear them with more humor and gratefulness. So if anyone sees me complaining, please feel free to point it out!

God bless you all!
Kim

Comments

Looks like great fun...I'm trying to stop complaining too...Not an easy task!!! Have a great week!!! Cathy

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?