Update

I have not posted anything in a week or so, and so I thought I'd write a bit of an update.

I am still struggling with what I wrote about a week ago, but I suppose that day last week was my low. I know that will be a struggle for a while longer and that life is not easy anyway. But I also know I can learn to appreciate what I have been given. What I find difficult is that I take one step forward with learning to find joy despite the difficulties and busyness of life, then I take two steps back. Once I feel I am doing well, life hits me like a ton of bricks. But spring will be coming to Wisconsin soon, and the weather is one piece of the puzzle, so that will help.

I will be going on a retreat this weekend, which I believe will also help. The theme is "The Freedom of Letting Go" and is about meeting the challenges of our day. I think it is not only the perfect timing but also a wonderful topic for me. This is one place I certainly can see God's hand in my life. Please say a quick prayer He will guide the weekend and give me and the other retreatants what we need.

This last weekend, we went to visit my parents and had gotten a babysitter for the boys so that they, my husband, and I could go out for my birthday. When we got there, my brother Jeff and sister-in-law Katie were there. What a wonderful surprise! Later, my brother Brian and other sister-in-law Katie came with my niece. And then early afternoon, my other brother Dan came with his girlfriend, Beth. Everyone had come! So we had a very nice afternoon together, then all ten of us went out for dinner and enjoyed a little time afterward back at my parents' house. It was the most special birthday I had ever had! I was so appreciative they had all driven over to come for my birthday.

I am finding this second half of Lent, God is wanting me to work on giving up my pride. Pride is something I have struggled with in some ways my entire life. I am still trying to recover a healthy sense of humility following times in my life when my pride has been badly bruised and when I've tried to hold too tightly to its torn strings. It seems to me that pride is a funny thing. The less control we feel we have, the more we cling to our pride and cling to control. But that keeps us from the embrace of God and from He who is in control and can give us fulfillment. True humility is a difficult thing to grasp, but so beautiful!

God bless you all!

Comments

You had a wonderful gifted birthday. What treasures you have in family. Praying for you! Cathy
What a special birthday you had with your family there!
I pray you have a blessed retreat.
Tracy said…
I'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday!!!
Praying for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?