Mazes

I had a moment of inspiration this morning and remembered how I used to make mazes for my two younger brothers when they were around 5 and 7 or so. I used to really like doing that. As a pre-teen, it was a challenge for me to create these mazes, and it was fun for the boys to find their way through them. I have a 4 year old who likes mazes and too few mazes around here for him... and the ones we do have are way too easy. So I took out some old computer paper - remember those ones with the holes on the sides that help to feed the paper through the printer - and created some mazes. He really liked the first one and did pretty well with it:



He asked me to make another maze. I suppose I made this one a bit harder, and he became a little impatient:



So I tried one more time, but he doesn't know it yet... I'll wait until tomorrow to show him. Hopefully this one will work well for him. Maybe I'll put together a book of them for him and Isaac. I'll put that on my list of projects...



I think I'll also make one or two really easy ones for my nearly 3 year old.

I can't wait to do other things with them. I remember how I used to make treasure hunts for my younger brothers. And they're nearly to the point of being able to play games in a semi-organized manner... I hope! We have some fun times coming!

Comments

Katie said…
Kim - these are great! I made a maze out of chalk last week and Kassia loved it. I don't think I can make the mazes as well as you did though - but now I am inspired to find some online and print them out for Kass - she had a maze book once but finished it in just a few days!

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?