Pieces of Summer in Pictures

This summer, we were able to do some fun things with the boys.

I took a week off in late July and took the boys to their first baseball game, meeting my brother and sister-in-law there. We enjoyed our time, and the boys were excited for their first game in a "big big park."







We also went to a wedding and stayed over night in a hotel. They didn't enjoy the wedding reception as we thought they would. Maybe it's because we attempted to allow them to sleep together, and so they were very tired the next night. But they did enjoy lying in the same bed for a while... a little too much, until we moved one of them to our bed. Even then, they were too wound up to sleep until an hour after our bedtime. This picture is from early in the night when they were both relatively calm.



This summer they also became more accustomed to being in water. We went to several lakes, including at my parents' cottage. Eventually, they would both allow their shoulders to go under... sometimes. This took some time and gentle encouragement. But unfortunately, they are still afraid of hotel swimming pools and water parks, as we also found out this summer. Perhaps we'll tackle that this winter or next summer...



This fall, Blaise started pre-school. He seems to be blossoming in school. He has met new friends and is doing great with a bit of structure and with following directions. His first day, he was able to ride the bus from the "big school" where he has speech therapy to the "little school." On his first day, Andy, Isaac, and I waited for him to watch him get off the bus and go into the little school. He walked right in with Miss Ann, barely looking back. Normally, that would make me feel a bit sad, but I was proud, especially since Blaise is my hesitant little boy.





Blaise is in school Monday and Wednesday mornings, and, since I'm off on Wednesdays, this gives me time to spend with Isaac. It really is a gift to be able to give that time to him. I am discovering he likes letters, as well as puzzles. I found an alphabet puzzle in the basement in which each removable letter is on its own square and has a matching picture which is also removable. He really enjoyed putting his "ABCDEFG puzzle" together and singing the alphabet song. I am excited to work with him on those types of things.



I hope you all had a great summer too!

Comments

Andrea said…
Kim,

What fun! I love getting to know your family better through these pictures and stories.

Andrea

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?