My Little Helpers

One day, already about a month ago, the boys (Blaise especially) was really excited about helping me. And I had a few things I wanted done. So I did what any mom would do: I put him to work.


First we reorganized the closet, using cardboard shoe racks my mom had been getting rid of. He helped me vacuum out the dust, pile one on top of the other in the closet, and place shoes in them. Before we just had a pile of shoes in and around the closet. Much better!



While we had the shop vac out, he worked on vacuuming the garage, while Isaac brought a few things to the recycling can for me (basically because he wanted his picture taken too)




Blaise and I also reorganized the quiet time room, using a desk my parents also needed to get rid of as a TV stand. I have to say, while that's not what the desk was made for, it looks much better than the old diaper boxes and safe we had been using before.

Because Blaise is enjoying helping out, I've started giving him his first unofficial chore, which I am so far very inconsistent in asking his help: clearing and washing the table after dinner. He's so proud to help (though helping to pick up his toys and such is usually a different story). He also saw today that there was paint on the window behind his chair from one of his projects. He asked for cleaner and a rag to wipe it up and practically ended up washing the whole bottom part of the window for me! But I have to be careful too because one day, also not long ago, he helped me clean the bathroom and had a headache by the end of our cleaning which lasted the rest of the day... I assume from the cleaning products. Oh, but do I need to encourage that desire to help now!

Comments

Congratulations on the gift of an industrious young son!!! God be praised!!! Cathy
Katie said…
GREAT work, Blaise! What a great little helper!

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?