In Gratitude: The Four Loves of My Life

To God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and to Mary, my Heavenly Mother: My heart, my life, and my soul - my very being - are Yours. Thank You for giving me a Safe Haven in Your arms as I give myself and my life to You. Thank You for giving me the graces to get through this period of my life. Thank You for sending me help when I need it and for periodically filling my soul with joy. Thank You for Your healing touches. Thank You also for the trials I undergo that show me again the necessity of clinging to You. Thank You for all the gifts You have given me, especially in the form of my family and in the promise of Redemption. Mary, thank you for all your petitions to your Son on my behalf. Thank you for being my special, loving Mother.

To Andy, my dear spouse: Thank you for all you do, for the hard work you are putting into your studies so that you can be a wonderful provider for our family in seven short months. Thank you for taking seriously my desire to stay home with the children and being willing to rethink your beliefs that women should also work, and for truly being completely on board now. Thank you for being the spiritual head of our household and for directing me to wear a scapular and pray the rosary - under your direction, our faith has grown together. Thank you for striving to be more understanding and sensitive to my emotional states, even when your mind is on your schoolwork. Thank you for being such a wonderful father to the boys and for keeping us on track with simple and quick discipline. And thank you for all you do around the house and for allowing me to therefore be able to take the housework in stride. Thank you for sharing your life and yourself with me.

To Blaise: Thank you for being the dear son you are. Thank you for your striving to decrease your whining. Thank you for the big, big hugs, with arms and legs wrapped tightly around me. Thank you for kisses and crosses traced on my forehead. Thank you for your enthusiasm with your new discoveries. Thank you for taking out the trash, and wiping off the table for us, and other little things you joyfully do around the home. Thank you for your curiosity into learning about the "Hail Mary" prayer and the Rosary.

To Isaac: Thank you also for being such a dear son. Thank you for bringing a bit of non-seriousness to our household and for your laughter. Thank you for funny faces and goofy voices. Thank you for your loving presence. Thank you for striving to accept that Mommy must work and you must go to the babysitter's. Thank you for the many games of football, baseball, and hockey. Thank you for reminding me to pray on the way to the babysitter's, that you have a good day, and that Jesus, Mary, and the saints and angels watch over you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?