Obedience

This weekend was a challenging one for our family, in light of the boys having difficulty recently with obedience and Mommy not feeling well. Since I have not been doing well for some time and have been getting after them more easily, I thought they deserved an explanation and also an explanation as to how they can help, complete with a lesson and definition of obedience a friend had shared with me Saturday morning.

I told them I am sick and have been since childhood, with something that makes me more tired and more stressed than most people get. My doctor and I have been working really hard to make me better, but stress makes me sicker and worse, and makes me yell more easily. Do you want to help me get better? Yes, yes! Ok, this is what you can do to help: be obedient and do what Daddy and I ask you to do without whining. I get more stressed when you don't obey. And do they know what obedience means? No. It means (and I love this part that my friend told me about) you do what we ask right away, all the way, and with a joyful heart. We went into what each of those phrases meant, and the boys were excited to help and to repeat each over and over.

Obedience is right away, all the way, and with a joyful heart!

Comments

Colleen said…
Thanks for your comments on my blog! Whenever my kids need a reminder about being obedient, I can feel God saying the same thing to me. Thankfully He is more patient than I :)

I hope you feel better. What a cross!

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?