Glory Stories Are Back!

Glory Stories are back, at Holy Heroes. I'm not the best for explaining what they are for those who don't know, as I just found out about them myself... but apparently they're an awesome way to teach kids about the saints. A friend of mine was SOOOO excited when I told her about these, because her kids (6, 4, 2, and baby) LOVE the one CD that they have and have been asking for some time for more. Katie, please explain this better if I do a poor job. The CDs teach about saints in story form, with conversation and hold the kids' attention. The CDs available now include St Juan Diego, Mother Theresa, St. Faustina, St. Martin de Porres, St. Cecilia, St. Rose of Lima, St. Maximilian Kolbe, and others.

Alright, now for my story, how I found these... or more truthfully, how I was led to them.

Blaise and Isaac have been interested in super heroes... Superman, Batman, Spiderman, etc (boys... sigh). I, of course, am not thrilled with this interest, and wonder where they learned of super heroes (sigh...). So I was trying to explain, about a month ago, that "super heroes" are not the real heroes. Saints are. Saints did amazing things, out of love for Jesus, and they are the ones we should look up to. "What amazing things, Mom?" What can I say that will compare to flying through the air or swinging from strings from building to building, especially at the spur of the moment? I tried to explain the stigmata, but the didn't get it. So, I said, I'll find a book or movie or something that will show you why saints are the real heroes. I forgot my promise for two weeks, until All Saints Day, and suddenly remembered it when praying in church, so I sent up a quick prayer that the Holy Spirit lead me to something that will help me to teach my children about the saints. That afternoon, I received an email from another friend, who had somewhat "randomly" chosen to let me know about these CDs... and immediately bought three of them, justifying the cost by telling my husband, and myself, that they would be Christmas gifts... but the real justification is that these, I do believe, are an answer to my prayer. Oh, but will I need to wait until Christmas to give these to the boys? (I think I know the answer already!)

Comments

Katie said…
Aaah! Kim - I was SO meaning to post on this too! Great job! And I have to clarify that we actually had one for a long time, but then I found another one that was not completely sold out about two months ago, and they really were excited to unwrap it and play it. Seriously, we listen to a Glory Story CD every other day here. Seriously. And I don't mind, because I learn so much and they are so well "acted" out in a beautiful radio drama! A true blessing to the church and to families, especially us mommies who are trying to raise saints!

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?