Update

Well, it seems I have my answer. My hCG, which should double every 24 hours, has dropped from 196 on Thursday to 192 today. A miscarriage is pending. My doctor told me I can stop taking prometrium/progesterone. And the miscarriage will likely happen within the week (though last time it seemed to take longer than that). She also told me we'd be looking into other reasons I may be infertile, and perhaps then other treatments such as shots of hCG on months we're trying to conceive. We'll also retest my basic progesterone/hormonal levels again in either December or January.

We are blessed, though, in that we have two beautiful children here with us and now two beautiful children in Heaven. I also blessed in that I am in good hands in the doctor I am seeing. She is a wonderful Catholic woman and mother and works with infertility using the Creighton method and NaPro technology. She and her partner at the clinic are so very good at what they do and so very caring. If anyone you know has any problems with infertility, please refer them to someone who works with the Creighton method and NaPro. It is awesome and really pretty effective, and it completely is in line with the Catholic Church... in fact, one of the centers who does research into treatments is the Pope Paul VI Institute (did I get that right?). I'm sure there is a listing of providers online. If you can't find one, ask me, and I'll look. So I am in the right hands for learning what I need to do in order to carry a baby to term again.

Again, thank you for your prayers. They have been greatly appreciated.

Comments

Holly Rutchik said…
I am happy you have your answer - although I was praying God's will was in line with my own (and your own of course)
How beautiful that your love has now helped create 2 souls with the Lord. Also, a true blessing that you have a doctor you can really trust. I'll be praying for you, Kim. You are so strong - God must really have so much faith in you and how you can be part of his greater plan.
Katie said…
Dearest Kim,

I am encouraged and blessed by your witness of full acceptance of this cross while also seeing the blessing of your child in God's arms and continuing to hope in the very real possibility of additional children of your own to hold in your arms.

Congratulations on the blessing of conceiving a child, and my heartfelt sympathy that you will not be able to hold your little one in this life.

Please do not hesitate to let me know how, if in any way, I can be there for you, support you, etc. You and your family remain in our prayers. With all my love.

Katie
Sarah said…
I'm saddened to hear this update and that your precious little one will not be able to be held in your arms. I'll keep the prayers coming your way in the coming days.

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence and assertiveness

Prozac Nation?